Manage survey projects with Spark Chart
Planning is a critical step when you manage survey projects. Aims, objectives, communications, anonymity policies, and clear project timelines need to be carefully considered.
Beyond having a well designed survey and communications, the key steps to manage survey projects include:
- Plan the Mission or survey project
- Distribute surveys
- Manage survey progress and follow up
- Analyze and share results
Spark Chart is designed around the key steps to create surveys and manage survey projects. There are two menu areas in Spark Chart. One (the Dashboard) is for creating surveys and templates and the other (Mission Control) is to manage survey projects.
- The Dashboard. This is where to create surveys, emails and contacts (these are templates that can be used in any project), set up survey projects and launch them.
- Mission Control. This a dedicated menu for each project. Here is where to plan the mission, distribute surveys, manage responses and analyze results.
The process to manage survey projects
A successful survey project depends upon having 1) a robust process and 2) expertise in designing surveys, getting responses, analysing results, presenting results and planning action. Here is a simple process to follow to ensure success.
Step 1: Plan the project
- Agree the scope, survey project objectives and target audience
- Consult with key stakeholders about the survey requirements
- Define the key policies for the project (e.g. anonymity, confidentiality, level of access to results)
- Develop the project plan and timelines
Step 2: Design & pilot the survey & communications
- Develop the survey goals and objectives
- Define the reporting requirements (demographic, target groups, etc.)
- Design the survey and communications
- Pilot the survey and communications and refine. Pilot again in need.
- Obtain survey sign-off
Step 3: Engage respondents and get survey responses
- Set up the project and obtain participant details
- Plan participant engagement strategies
- Distribute surveys and provide support
- Ensure confidentiality and anonymity policies are met
- Follow up surveys to achieve/exceed target response rates
Step 4: Analyze results & develop recommendations
- Analyse results and identify key trends
- Develop recommendations
- Create compelling and focused reports
Step 5: Present results and plan action
- Present results and the Case for Action
- Make decisions and plan action
- Communicate results and plans to key stakeholders