Plan survey projects with Spark Chart
Spark Chart provides the resources and tools to help plan survey projects. Spark Chart is the survey tool to help you rapidly develop ideas and get answers!
A successful survey project depends upon having 1) a robust process and 2) expertise in designing surveys, getting responses, analysing results, presenting results and planning action. Here is a simple process to follow to ensure success.
Establishing survey goals is essential to plan survey projects
Establishing clear goals and objectives is essential to create a survey that results in valuable data. A goal is an overarching principle or broad statement of the primary aim or outcome. It guides decision making. Objectives are specific and measurable steps to meet the goal. So, start by writing an overall goal and then break it down into objectives. Resist the urge to dive head-first into question writing.
Here is a process to plan survey projects
Step 1: Plan the project
- Agree the scope, survey project objectives and target audience
- Consult with key stakeholders about the survey requirements
- Define the key policies for the project (e.g. anonymity, confidentiality, level of access to results)
- Develop the project plan and timelines
Step 2: Design & pilot the survey & communications
- Develop the survey goals and objectives
- Define the reporting requirements (demographic, target groups, etc.)
- Design the survey and communications
- Pilot the survey and communications and refine. Pilot again in need.
- Obtain survey sign-off
Step 3: Engage respondents and get survey responses
- Set up the project and obtain participant details
- Plan participant engagement strategies
- Distribute surveys and provide support
- Ensure confidentiality and anonymity policies are met
- Follow up surveys to achieve/exceed target response rates
Step 4: Analyze results & develop recommendations
- Analyse results and identify key trends
- Develop recommendations
- Create compelling and focused reports
Step 5: Present results and plan action
- Present results and the Case for Action
- Make decisions and plan action
- Communicate results and plans to key stakeholders